Thursday, March 6, 2014

Doing Battle

    There comes a time during the journey that there is intense spiritual warfare. This can be good because it means that you are on the right path doing the will of God. But these battles are not fun and they come from the most unexpected sources. Depression, anxiety, car troubles, unexpected bills, relationship misunderstandings, irritability for no reason, pets doing things they've never done before and straight up lies coming from those you love most.
    
    These are the times that prayer and our swords are the best weapons we can wield. What better way to battle lies, misgivings and doubt than to ask the One who has given you the promise to begin with and will always tell you the truth. The God who owns the universe and hold the depths of the sea in the hollow of his hand (Isaiah 40). The God who is faithful and has my best at the very center of everything he does.

    You fight those lies and those off days with the promise that the God who names each star in the universe cares when your hair falls out. Knowing that every creature is cared for, so why wouldn't He care more about me, His master piece, His precious child, His own image. And remember His promise that he will never leave me or forsake me, and that he has a prefect plan to give me a future and a hope.

  What did I do to deserve this...nothing. He only asks that I seek Him, that I ask what He wants for my life and then obey.

  So, I willingly step out in faith not knowing where my foot will land but knowing that God knows and that is enough for me.

1 comment:

  1. Love you girl. We are having a mama's prayer night at my house on the 20th. Send me an email with what we can pray for on your behalf. Xo, Alyssa

    ReplyDelete