Monday, May 5, 2014

Glorious Unfolding

Yesterday as I was driving home, I flipped through the stations on the radio and stopped right as this song “glorious unfolding” by Steven Curtis Chapman came on. I was stunned. The beginning of this song hit me so suddenly, so accurately described my struggle I was blown away. This is how the song starts.


Lay your head down tonight
Take a rest from the fight
Don’t try to figure it out
Just listen to what I’m whispering to your heart
‘Cause I know this is not
Anything like you thought
The story of your life was gonna be
And it feels like the end has started closing in on you
But it’s just not true
There’s so much of the story that’s still yet to unfold


And this is going to be a glorious unfolding


These words spoke so true to me. As I was once again leaving my family to work for not enough pay, I really needed to hear this. Our journey into ministry has not occurred the way I thought it would. It has taken a lot more time, and has been rather discouraging. And yet, I keep hearing God speaking to me “Michael, we are going to do great things. I have made you to love, that is your job, that is your task and together we are going to teach people to love like they never thought possible before”. I hear God say this to me constantly, so as the days, weeks, and months go by with what seems like countless possibilities slipping away, I know that something is yet to unfold. Something glorious is coming.

Here is a link to the song, please give it a listen. If like me you are in a time of waiting or just need some encouragement listen to it, let the words sink in and take hold. There’s so much of the story to unfold, and this is going to be a glorious unfolding
. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rolTdI7I_4M

No comments:

Post a Comment